Reed Aljian is one of the Firm’s two co-founding partners and serves as its Managing Partner. His practice primarily focuses on business litigation involving contract, construction, real estate, labor and employment, health care, and insurance claims. Mr. Aljian has significant experience in all phases of litigation, having represented a diverse client base as both plaintiff and defendant. He has a proven track record, having successfully tried bench and jury trials to verdict in both state and federal court. He also serves as general counsel to various companies and high net worth individuals, offering them corporate, transactional, and litigation consulting.
Mr. Aljian also volunteers significant time to the community. Over the course of his career, he has represented numerous pro bono clients in Los Angeles and Orange County, often representing low income individuals in real and personal property litigation matters. In addition, he is the chairman of Neighbor Legal Services’ Dickran Tevrizian Fellowship Committee. Further, he is a former member of two California State Bar Committees - the Committee for the Delivery of Legal Services (2008-2011) and the Committee on Administration of Justice (2011-2014).
Mr. Aljian has received numerous honors for his community service. For example, in 2005, for his services representing an elderly homeowner, Public Counsel of Los Angeles honored Mr. Aljian as its Consumer Law Project Volunteer of the Year. In that action, the client was awarded the largest single-plaintiff judgment in a pro bono matter in the history of California jurisprudence. In 2008, McDermott Will & Emery honored Mr. Aljian with its annual award for Outstanding Achievement and Commitment to Pro Bono and Service to the Community.
Mr. Aljian was born in Santa Monica, California. He obtained his undergraduate degree in English Literature from the University of California at Berkeley. At Berkeley, he was a four-year letterman and starting catcher on the baseball team and participated in the 1992 College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska. After graduation, he played professional baseball in the California Angels baseball organization and was a member of the Northwest League Champion Boise Hawks in Boise, Idaho and the Lake Elsinore Storm in Lake Elsinore, California.
Mr. Aljian obtained his juris doctor from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. During law school, he worked as a law clerk in the Enforcement Division of the Securities & Exchange Commission in its Pacific Regional Office and as a judicial extern for the Honorable Dickran Tevrizian, Jr., United States District Court Judge, Central District of California. Prior to co-founding the Firm, Mr. Aljian was a member of the trial department of two large international law firms, including Jones Day in its Los Angeles office and McDermott Will & Emery in its Orange County office.
Mr. Aljian is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and all California courts.
In His Own Words
“I’m competitive and litigation is just another form of competition. I want to win. I enjoy the opportunity to stand up for my clients and help them accomplish their goals. I cannot imagine doing anything else.”
Honors & Awards
- Top 50 Attorneys In Orange County, Super Lawyers Magazine (2014, 2018)
- State Bar of California's Wiley W. Manuel Certificate of Pro Bono Legal Services (2013)
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine (2012-present)
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine (2008-2011)
- Outstanding Achievement and Commitment to Pro Bono and Service to the Community, McDermott Will & Emery LLP (2008)
- Consumer Law Project Volunteer of the Year, Public Counsel (2005)
Professional Affiliations & Community Service
- Chairman of the Hon. Dickran Tevrizian (ret.) Fellowship Committee, Neighborhood Legal Services of Glendale (2010-present)
- Board Member, State Bar of California's Committee on Administration of Justice (2012-2015)
- Board Member, State Bar of California's Committee for the Delivery of Legal Services. (2009-2011)
- Member, Orange County Bar Association (present)
- Member, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (present)
- B.A., English Literature, University of California-Berkeley (1995)
- J.D., Loyola Law School-Los Angeles (2000)
What Our Clients Are Saying
I had discussed my case with numerous attorneys, all of which told me there was no point in pursuing it. Ultimately, a lawyer referred me to the attorneys at Daily Aljian who felt differently about the merits of my case and agreed to pursue the claims. In the end, they were able to obtain a great result for me and my family. Since that time, I have referred them to various clients of my company and I have received positive feedback from all of them. Reed and Justin are hard working, efficient, and a pleasure to work with. Most importantly, the firm gets great results.